Thursday, February 28, 2008

So Glad to Be of Assistance

Recent Google searches that landed surfers here on the blog:

Shoebox diorama Titanic -- you're welcome Cleveland

Should Catcher in the Rye be taught in high school? I don't know, savvy location blocking North American, but I did give my thoughts in this post.

The Shakespeare Stealer -- still get a lot of hits for this, which took Miami, FL to this post from over a year ago

A Chance to Die -- I get a lot of hits for this title as well. I hope my review was interesting to you, Austria, since you came such a long way.

email streaming throwing tomato -- well Heather was the only one who took me up on my offer, so maybe she could help you, commercial U.S. user

Someone in the San Diego schools was looking for symbolism in Broadway play Wicked. Oh, there's symbolism. There's nuance. Instead I chose to focus on John Stamos (no, no, I did get a little more detailed in my real review). What's really wild is that another person landed on my blog just minutes before searching for the Wicked novel. Interesting. Perhaps America (or in this case Middlesbrough UK) is crying out for more Broadway coverage. Don't tempt me.

This person seemed to be asking an awful lot of his google search: four kinds of love french monk scream free parenting. Will me repeating that string of words bring in some sort of odd French papal, C.S. Lewis reading, parenting book consumers?

More books: a few from the Penderwicks, which is common (and from which I still get about one request a week to share my discussion questions for a book club). It's such a good book if you haven't read it, and this spring there's another Penderwicks novel coming out. Can't wait.

6 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Love the "four kinds of love french monk..."

So funny!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Those are pretty funny! My husband laughs at me because I'm keeping a word document with all the funny and bizarre searches that come to my blog. = )

Katrina said...

Hey - you totally read my mind. I've been working on a post in this format, since I've had some interesting searches land people on my blog lately. Oh well, great minds think alike, right?

Kelly said...

I didn't know there was another Penderwicks book coming out--yeah!

heather said...

It cracks me up to see where people come from. I think some are definitely disappointed when they land on my page.
As far as the Broadway symbolism--ooh, now that's something I could get into.
In fact, I have a bit.

Dianne said...

This cracked me up too and likewise I am finding the searches that bring people to my blog amusing. Although I'm sure they're probably always disappointed!