Thursday, March 12, 2009

Daisy Chain's Two Truths and a Lie



Today I'm featuring Mary DeMuth's new novel Daisy Chain. I haven't read it yet, but you can read reviews from other blog tour participants like Katrina and Monica and Heather(who have actually already read the book) by checking out the Blog Tour headquarters.

The book features secrets as a major theme. In fact Mary started a blog called My Family Secrets devoted to helping those who are living with family secrets of their own (Aren't we all?).

We were invited to play the "Two Truths and a Lie" game. I'm going to write 3 facts about myself. Leave a comment and try to guess which is the lie. I'll reveal it on Monday.

  1. I went to prom my junior and senior years, and wore the same dress both times.
  2. In college, I had three different majors: Economics, Business, and English. English is the one that stuck.
  3. I once crashed into a professional football player (in my car).
You can play along on your Facebook page or your own blog (through Friday). If you link up HERE you are eligible to win signed copies of Daisy Chain, Watching the Tree Limbs and Wishing on Dandelions.

I previously reviewed Watching the Tree Limbs and Wishing on Dandelions, and reading back over my own thoughts reminds me how much I enjoy her writing.

I'll be reading Daisy Chain soon and will post my review on 5 Minutes for Books unless one of the other reviewers beats me to it.

8 comments:

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

I want to read this book. Hoping I can request it from my library.

Jen Rouse said...

Those are good items in your list; hard to tell which are true! I'm guessing the football player car crash is the lie. If not, you definitely need to share the story of it on your blog.

Karla E said...

I used to play this game as an icebreaker in training classes...it's a very good way to gain insight into a person.

I'm guessing the Prom dress thing is a lie.

Dad said...

I think I know the answer. Definitely know one is true.
Each of them would fit you.
LOVE
Dad

Katrina said...

Hm... I feel like I should know the answer to this one. I'll go with Karla and guess that #1 is the lie.

Martha said...

I think I know you and the one I think is not true is #2. I only see you as an English major!

Monica @ Paper Bridges said...

the football player one.

good to see on google friend connect! lots of us are on it now

Mary DeMuth said...

Thanks for featuring Daisy Chain! I so appreciate it.