Saturday, August 29, 2009

North! Or be eaten

Amanda read both of these books when I received them. It's her thing -- they are targeted to a YA audience (though apparently enjoyed by many), and it's fantasy, which she loves. When I told her the second one was coming out, she was really happy. I hadn't remembered that she had enjoyed the first one that much, but she said, "Oh yeah, it was one of my favorites!" If you are looking to catch up on the series, I just noticed that there's an audio CD for On the Edge of the Sea of Darkness, which I think would be a really fun listen. Here's Amanda's review of the first book, and without further ado, her review of the second (I typed it up from her handwritten copy and was instructed that it should be in purple ink):

North! Or Be Eaten: Wild escapes. A desperate journey. And the ghastly Fangs of Dang. by Andrew Peterson was a very good book. After I read On the Edge of the Sea of Darkness nearly a year ago, I couldn't wait until the second book in the Wingfeather Saga came out.

North! Or Be Eaten involves
  • Toothy Cows

  • Gray Fangs (wolf-like creatures)

  • Stranders (murderous people kicked out of town for being horrible)

  • The Ice Prairies


The poor Igiby children are forced to cope with these things, along with the fact that nearly everyone wants to kill them.

I enjoyed this book because it kept me on the edge of my seat! People who liked the Inkheart series or Harry Potter would enjoy this fantasy book.

2 comments:

Marbel said...

This sounds like fun. I'll look into these books!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Putting this series on "the list" for when C. needs a new book. Thanks, Amanda!