Saturday, January 02, 2010

2009 Reading Wrap-Up

Today's edition of Semicolon's Saturday Review of Books is devoted to book lists. Semicolon has quite a few of her own. You can also link up a regular review, but I thought I'd take up the challenge.

At 5 Minutes for Books we all shared our "Year in Review(s)" as well. Check it out.

This year was the first that I was really faithful about keeping a reader's notebook. It helped me write my reviews, and track what I was reading and how long it took me to read them.

I probably didn't track every book, but my reading journal records 106 books read in 2009. In addition to that, I listened to at least 15 audiobooks (which I didn't always track).

Here's the breakdown:

Fiction (adult), 41 books. Here are the stand-outs, linked to my reviews:
Memoir, 22 books. I've always enjoyed memoir, but as I was flipping through my notebook I noticed that I read many food and travel memoirs, alongide other typical memoir fare:
Other Nonfiction, 16 books -- lots of parenting books here, but compelling:
Tween and Teen Lit, 27 books -- notably:

This isn't an award show, but I also wanted to thank my husband of 17 years -- today. He supports me in everything I want to do, and whether we're watching DVDs on the sofa, or reading side by side in bed, I'm so glad to share life with him.

3 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Wow, I'm impressed at the number of books you read this year! I tracked mine more carefully this year than usual, though still think I missed a few. My list has a few more than 30, plus five or six audiobooks.

Also, Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and Terry! Hope the two of you enjoy your day.

Martha said...

OK...bad friend..I forgot to send a card or an email. Happy Anniversary to you two! It truly seems like just yesterday there is no way it's been this long.

Lisa writes... said...

Happy Anniversary!