Friday, March 19, 2010

The Best Day Ever

I don't even know if I can call it the best day ever. I might have to say the best week. This week has been lovely, and slow-paced and perfect, and it's all because of the sunshine.

On warm spring days like we've had the last few days, the sun absolutely beacons me outside. I want to encourage the kids to get some Vitamin D the natural way, and some physical activity, and to just enjoy the beauty of a perfect day, neither too warm nor too cold.

Kyle and I have been taking batting practice, but what has really catapulted the last few days into "the best day(s) ever" is indulging in my absolutely favorite nice weather pasttime -- reading outside. Yes, I may be repeating myself, but it's been a repetitive action that seems to get better day after day. Wednesday, I stayed outside on the back deck for much much longer than Kyle lasted outside, stuck in a great book.

When Amanda got home, I invited her out, and we finished reading the Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey. We made quite an effort, and finished the last 250 pages in 17 days. That's not bad for us, considering that our reading comes in bits and fits.

It explains my relative silence here on the blog, and even this post which seems somewhat pointless and incoherent. My husband has called me twice, interrupting my reverie on the back deck, and I've barely been able to string together a sentence. I feel like a dog or a cat, drunk on sunlight and heat.

It's gone to my head, but it's something I hope I can repeat again in the near future.

******

Did anyone else start humming when they read the title? If not, you don't have a Disney XD-watching tween in your house (nor a 5 1/2 year old boy who sometimes behaves like a Disney-watching tween). Kyle and I were sent a couple of new Phineas and Ferb toys for review by JAKKS. They're pretty fun. The skateboarding brothers' helmets come off, and bodies move, and I think that my husband may have taken the eye-bugging Dr. Doofenshmirz stress-doll to work.


3 comments:

Martha said...

My kids are wanting the Phineas and Ferb toys! We need to know how to get them. I'm glad you are enjoying the weather we are pretty cold here and it may snow tomorrow. I am tired of the cold weather

Windows Wide Open said...

Yaay for sunshine and warmth!! I, too, am pulled outside on such days--I've hopes for today being one!

~~
http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Today is cold (30's) and gray and rainy and yucky, but we had some delightful weather last week as well. It was SO nice to feel sunshine, and to have the kids playing outside again. So glad you've been enjoying your deck.