Friday, April 22, 2011

I Was in a Flash Mob

Well, sort of. I thought it was going to be a sort of Flash Mob-type thing when Amanda and I decided to Dance Our Shoes Off with our church (plus hundreds of other people from the other campuses of our church).

In the end, it wasn't necessarily anything that surprised people who happened to be on Discovery Green in Houston that afternoon, and Amanda and I are nowhere to be seen in the video, but a lot of good came out of it:
  • A thousand pairs of shoes were donated to the homeless and others in need.
  • Amanda and I did something fun together. She made a one-time exception to her "Moms can't dance" policy, but it's now being enforced again.
  • I'm not used to hopping around so much, as we did when we practiced it over and over again, so I'm sure the aerobic activity did my heart some good.
  • I know it did my soul some good.  After hearing the song over and over again, it's stuck in my head, and during this season, I'm happy to have it running through my head: "He's alive, He's alive inside us, and we will rise up."

I hope that you will be drawn to celebrate with Jesus this Easter.


3 comments:

Robin McCormack said...

That is so awesome. And what a sight, those empty shoes. Made me think of the rapture and all that's left are the shoes.

Anne@LittleSproutBooks said...

Very cool - what a neat activity to be a part of!

Laura said...

That was awesome, I really enjoyed watching it especially knowing you were in there dancing too!

Thanks for sharing!!

Laura